Clubs ▸ Benefits
Benefits of second language acquisition
- Children who receive regular second language instruction perform better in their first language and in school overall.
- Children who study a second language get higher scores on verbal and math sections of standardized tests.
- Children who learn second languages have expanded career employment opportunities as adults.
- Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the United States.
- Bilingualism increases cognitive abilities.
- Children who grow up speaking Spanish and English often have linguistic, cognitive and psychological advantages over monolingual speakers.
- Bilingual children are creative, develop stronger problem-solving skills and are more capable to adapt to and coexist with other cultures.
Two Languages Are Better Than One – Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley
Why Bilinguals Are Smarter – New York Times
More Children Learn More Than One Language – USA Today
Bilingual Babies — a Sign of the Times – ABC News
Second Language Learning – University of Washington